Each week, Summer IN the Parks will feature cultural programs on a fixed schedule in eight city parks, including Haynes, Tilton, Holloway, Woodlawn, Prices Run, Barbara Hicks, Judy Johnson, and the Helen Chambers Playground. In addition, each week will feature a more traditional concert during the early evening. While The Grand serves as producer for the innovative program, it draws on a wide variety of artistic talent from Wilmington and the region.
All of the Summer in the Parks activities are designed to be more than presentations or performances by including some component of audience participation or interactivity, such as storytelling, theater, art, music, dance, and crafts. Summer in the Parks will showcase a total of 191 individual artists this summer representing 32 cultural organizations and groups.
Summer in the Parks 2017 Schedule: June 26-August 10 (no programs July 4)
Weekday Mornings 9:30-10:30am
- MONDAY: Haynes Park (N. Franklin – W. 30th & 32nd Streets)
- TUESDAY: Woodlawn Park (4th & Ferris Streets)
- WEDNESDAY: Tilton Park (N. Franklin – W. 7th & 8th Streets)
- THURSDAY: Helen Chambers Playground (N. Madison & W. 6th Streets)
Weekday Afternoons 12:00-1:00pm
- MONDAY: Barbara Hicks Park (Bradford & B Streets)
- TUESDAY: Holloway Park (N. Lombard & E. 7th Streets)
- WEDNESDAY: Prices Run (BBW Park at N. Locust & E. 23rd Streets)
- THURSDAY: Judy Johnson Park (N. Dupont & W. 3rd Streets) Evening Events for Families 6:00-7:30pm
Evening Events for Families 6:00-7:30pm
- WEDNESDAY 6/28: Union Park Gardens (S. Bancroft Parkway & S. Sycamore Street) Elbert-Palmer Drum Line & Diamond State Concert Band
- THURSDAY, 7/6: DCH Urban Farm (E. 12th & Brandywine Streets) Antony & Friends
- THURSDAY, 7/13: Haynes Park (N. Franklin – W. 30th & 32nd Streets) Christina Cultural Arts Center
- THURSDAY, 7/20: Tilton Park (N. Franklin – W. 7th & 8th Streets) Dance4Life
- THURSDAY, 7/27: Judy Johnson Park (N. Dupont & W. 3rd Streets) Pristine Raeign
- THURSDAY, 8/3: Kosciuszko Park (Sycamore & S. Broom Streets) Richard Raw Productions
- FRIDAY, 8/4: Stapler Park (W. 16th & N. Union Streets) Wilmington Ballet
- THURSDAY, 8/10: Elbert Park (S. Buttonwood & D Streets) Atiba Music & Carib
Featured artists include: Almanac Dance Circus Theatre, ASCAB Capoeira Delaware, Delaware Art Museum, Delaware Contemporary, Delaware Shakespeare, First State Ballet Theatre, FLYOGI, Found Art Fun, GCJ Uniques, Griots Wa Umoja, Illstyle & Peace, Janina Williams World Music, LaFate Gallery, Maya Belardo Music, Minas, Music School of Delaware, Philly Vibes, Pieces of a Dream, TAHIRA, Walt the Street Dog, Warm Hugs Good Hearts, Wilmington Drama League, Yoco Knit Shop.