Beer lovers, rejoice! For the fifth consecutive year, history and beer will unite at Blue Ball Barn at Alapocas Run State Park, as the Friends of Wilmington State Parks hosts a celebration of the past, present, and future of craft beverage production in the First State. On Saturday, October 5 from 5-9 pm join Delaware beer historian John Medkeff and a panel of guests as they examine and celebrate the 25th anniversary of the state’s brewing’s revival.
The panel discussion will be followed by samplings from local craft beverage makers. Try your hand at axe target throwing with Battle Axe of Glasgow. Multiple raffle baskets filled with brewery merchandise, gift certificates, tasting vouchers, and more will be up for grabs. Deerhead Hotdogs Food Truck will be serving up some tasty treats, including a few vegetarian options.
Panel guests include:
• Jeff Johnson (former president, Blue Hen Beer Company)
• Al Stewart (owner, Stewart’s Brewing Company)
• Dave Dietz (owner, Brandywine Brewing Company
• Charlie Garbini (former brewer at Rockford Brewing Co.)
• Bellefonte Brewing CO. (Wilmington)
• Big Oyster Brewery (Lewes)
• Dew Point Brewing Co. (Yorklyn)
• Dogfish Head Brewery (Milton)
• Midnight Oil Brewing Company (Newark)
• Twin Lakes Brewing Company (Newport)
• Wilmington Brew Works (Wilmington)
• Plus many more!
Participating cideries, distilleries, meaderies, and wineries:
• EasySpeak Spirits (Milford)
• Liquid Alchemy (Wilmington)
Ticket prices are $40 general admission if purchased online before 12pm on 10/5; $45 for general admission at the door; and $15 for designated driver. You must be at least 21 to attend this event.
All proceeds from ticket sales and raffles will benefit Friends of Wilmington Parks and Restore the King, the campaign to save Delaware’s King Gambrinus statue.